How to set up a multi-day event
There are two ways to set up a multi-day event. Create separate events for each day or reuse one event for all days in your event series.
Creating separate events for each day
The first way is to create a new event for each day of your event series.
- Create the event for Day 1.
- We recommend using the same naming structure for each event title for each day.
- Schedule the date and time for your Day 1 event under the Name, Schedule, and Agenda tab.
- Configure your event as desired. Guides to Event Setup.
- If you want the same event layout and configuration for all 3 days (3 days as an example), you can easily duplicate the event.
- Click on All Events to access your Event Dashboard.
- Click on the 3-dot menu and select Duplicate event.
- Rename your event for the next day.
- Under Name, Schedule, and Agenda, reschedule your event.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Host as usual. Guides to hosting.
Using this method means that each day of your event series will have a different Event Link that you will need to distribute to your guests.
The benefit of using 3 separate events and event links is if your content is designated for different audiences for each individual day. This is also great when each day needs to have a different format or customizations.
The cons of using 3 separate events and event links are that you and your guests will have to keep track of the separate event links and schedules of each day. Thus having your guests navigate to different locations each day of the event.
Creating and reusing one event for every day
The other way to create a multi-day event is to create one event, including one event link, and re-using the same event by changing the date and time to be active for the next day.
- Create one single event.
- We recommend using only the title of your event as the name of the event because this will be permanently displayed in the event link URL for all 3 days.
- Configure that event to be used throughout the 3 days.
- Use that same event link to distribute to all your guests promoting the 3-day event.
- Host the event as usual. Guides to hosting.
After hosting Day 1 of your event:
- Download your metrics and attendance list from the Metrics tab.
- Open the Name, Schedule, and Agenda tab.
- Edit the date and time of your Event to be set for the Day 2 time and date.
- Your event will automatically update and open for your guests on the next scheduled day.
- Host event as usual. Guides to hosting.
- Repeat if necessary.
The benefits of re-using a single event over a multi-day event series is that your guests only need to track down one event link and can return to the same place each day.
The cons of re-using one single event is that the host will need to manually download the metrics for each day before manually changing the date and time of each event.